Thursday, October 28, 2010

They call me a workin' man

I find it funny that, at roughly 8:30 at night on a Thursday, everyone else in the house is asleep but me. Mind you, shortly after I finish this, I'll be going to bed as well. I'll be getting up early tomorrow morning...really early.

So I'm back to working full time. After two and a half years, it's strange and comforting at the same time. Knowing I have a job and a place I have to go to every morning, that I have things to do, is something I've missed. I get to go to the same place first thing in the morning, just 5 minutes from home. After two jobs where I didn't know where I'd be one week to the next...

The job is easy...it's basically the same thing I've been doing for the last 10 years. The difference this time, at least in my mind, is that I have experience. I knew some tricks when I started my last job, but there was a lot I had to learn. I had a good teacher, a man I consider now to be a very good and dear friend, who mentored me and showed me a lot. Now, although I'm working with people who know their stuff, sometimes they look to me for that knowledge, that experience.

It's a little strange.

I also have a family now. I have a woman who loves me, who in less than six months, I'm going to marry. There are still things that have to be done before April 16th, but I'm not worried about them. We'll be ready.

I'm sitting here, at the dining room table, looking out the window, thinking about life and how good it is, despite (or perhaps, in spite of) the ups and downs. I'm thinking...

Screw it. I'm done thinking for one night. I've said my peace. Leave it at that.

G'nite.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! :)