Thursday, July 01, 2010

Late night thoughts from Quincy, IL.

It's about 20 to 11 as I start to type this. I'm tired yet not ready to fall asleep tired yet, so I figured it's the perfect time to blog.

Random thoughts from a non-linear mind.

* The bridesmaid dresses are picked out. Julie and the girls went down this week and got 'em. They're Victorian Lilac in color, which will look lovely. This Monday, Jess, the boys and I are going to Men's Warehouse to talk tuxedos. We're thinking having the men wear a shade darker, bit more purple than the girls. It'll make a nice contrast. Julie is worried that I'll pick something ugly/geeky/tacky to wear. She needn't worry. I know what I want, and the tails will be quite fetching. ;)

* While I've been away this week, Julie's been trying to get parts of the house in some semblance of order. It's been...daunting...to say the least, but she's done a pretty good job. My old place is about 98% cleaned out, with just a few things left. I'll help get the stuff out tomorrow, have a walk through with my landlord and take it from there.

I must admit, I'm a bit nervous about the walkthrough. Maybe that's why I've had some trouble sleeping this past week. I've never done this before, and I have no idea what to expect. What does it entail? If there's a problem, what happens? It's not like I've been there much for the past six months, but it's got me a little...nervous. Before you go and leave a comment to tell me what to expect, I'll just say "thanks but no worries". Odds are, I won't see the comments until after the walkthrough's done. I've gotta get up early tomorrow and drive for over 4 hours to get home...

* This past weekend, Julie (I love her so damn much) took care of something for me that's been long overdue. She burned up some of Mum's old papers.

We went through her collection of old bills (some of them dating back to 1960). Partially, it was a trip through time. Partially, we were looking to see if there was anything hidden in the papers (there wasn't). After we checked everything, she put them in the grill late Sunday night and lit the fire.

It was fascinating to watch. I grabbed my camera (geek) and took some pics, which I still haven't checked out yet. There were so many bills that she didn't get to finish, and the fire was still burning when we covered the grill and called it a night.

The other day while we were talking (when you're so far away from the one you love, what else can you do?), she told me she cleaned out the grill, to get ready for the next batch. All the papers were burnt...except for one. There was a heart-shaped stamp on it, and it said "love".

Guess The Kid had to tell me one last time she loved me. Thanks, Mama.

* I've gotta stop at Wally World when I get home. Need a few things, like plumber's tape. I took down the shower massage head from my old place and have to put it up in our bathroom. Julie will, no doubt, go "whatever", but Hailey seemed to like it. Lemme tell ya: There's nothing better on aching muscles in the shower than a nice pulsating massage.

* I bought a handheld video camera earlier this week off of Woot. It's a refurbished model that I didn't pay a lot of money for, thinking we could get someone to shoot the video of the wedding. It came today, and Julie and Cory were playing with it. They said it looked great on the little screen, but was a little choppy on her laptop. Could be one of a number of problems: Her laptop needs a little TLC, if I can ever find the time to work on it. I'll see what it looks like this weekend, and how it looks on a real operating system (Ubuntu).

* No work next week. Whenever there's a holiday, there's no installs scheduled for that week. Yeah, it's a week off, but no work = no pay. It should be okay, however. We've got plenty of things to do to, and a surprise or two planned...

Okay, it's a couple minutes to 11. I have to try and get some sleep. Gotta get up early. Got a long drive ahead of me, and loving arms I can't wait to hold me tomorrow.

G'nite, kids. Just remember...if someone loves you, they'll let you know they love you. No matter what.

No comments: