Saturday, January 03, 2009

Will we call next year 0-10?

Happy 2009!

Okay, okay, okay. I know some of you have been waiting (im)patiently for an update of some sort, and I've been very quiet.

I was at a group interview session this past Monday with a major Cable company (no names, but take three guesses, and the first two don't count) which lasted about half a day.

Initially, they said there were some 170 applicants for the IP Support position. There were roughly 30 of us there for a class of 14 openings. I'd like to think my odds were good, but it's been almost a week, and I haven't heard anything yet.

I've heard said that "no news is good news", but the longer I have to wait, the worse the chances look. The only thing I can hope is that they've tried to contact my former employer to verify I worked there, but they were closed until Friday. If they needed that...

Sigh.

I've been very bad in keeping up correspondence as of late. For that, forgive me. I dunno if it's a funk I've been in, or it's just that I've been enjoying spending time with Julie, but I haven't sent e-mails or checked blogs, and I've got people I should write. I'm sorry. I'm hoping the new year will bring work, and maybe...

When I hear something, anything, I'll let y'all know. Promise.

4 comments:

Rene said...

Everythin in time :-)

Shauna said...

of course, we all take it personally *rolls eyes*

you'll find what you need but i understand the waiting part is a pain.

hang in there and be well.

Squooshiewoodums said...

Happy 2009 to you too!

And yes, I've been waiting for an update but been patient about it. ;P (figured you'd fill us in when you know anything) Still - good luck!

I've not been doing too much corresponding myself - I'm hibernating. (grumpy is a part of that)

Cami said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!