Sunday, November 18, 2007

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss...

Today's been a good day, overall.

Spent time with My Kid, and it was wonderful today. She was alert, talkative, joking, laughing, remembering a bunch of stuff. Yeah, she was a bit confused about a few things (forgot her brother died back in WWII), and she finally realized that she's about an hour away from her former home, but she was on fire. Been a long time since she'd been that way...this was closer to the way My Kid used to be.

They say with Alzheimer's patients, you'll have good days and bad days. Today was a good day. A very good day, and one to help me with the days that aren't so good.

Had an incredible dinner. I stopped at Smokey Bones for a pulled pork & smoked sausage dinner...and it was so good. I hadn't been there in a month of Sundays, and man, did I miss it. I owed myself a good dinner, and man, was it good!

On the drive home, I was thinking about my online name. Who I was, and how I should present myself online. That's when I decided...I need to be myself, and I need to be true to myself.

That's when it came to me.

Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce you to...



Onestar.
And I'm not wearing any pants.

I am who I am. I'm not gonna change. I'll get older, I'll understand myself a bit better, but I'm still the boobie-lovin' goofball with a baldspot, a goofy lopsided smile and a heart of gold deep down inside.

If you don't like it...don't come around here to my blog.

Onestar's back, baby.

7 comments:

Mrs. Hillis said...

Onestar's fine with me...that's who I came to know as a friend in the first place. I'm glad to know he's back, and I'm glad you had such a good day.

Take care,

Charlotte

Foodie said...

great to hear you has such a great time with your kid :)

welcome back goofball, here's some boobies for you (.)(.)

Cami said...

*dances* Glad you're back.

Rene said...

You were gone? You don't fool me Onestar :D

Squooshiewoodums said...

*grin* um... Welcome back?

*hug*

Shauna said...

put yer pants back on

Onestar said...

But it's comfortable without my pants on.

I'm serious. That breeze feels so good...

*hugs* Thanks, everyone.